MGMS Education Scholarships
The Michigan Gem and Mineral Society is dedicated to furthering the education of our youth. We would like to award a minimum of 2 scholarships ($750.00 each) to graduating seniors from Jackson County (and/or bordering counties) High Schools. The scholarships are for study in the areas of Earth Sciences and Lapidary Arts. Membership in the MGMS is encouraged but not required.
The application MUST be POSTMARKED by February 20th
Refer to PDF documents below for more details.
Print, copy, distribute the following forms as needed:
- Click here to download the Application form
- Click here to download the Letter to Students
- Click here to download the Letter to Administrators
Don't have Adobe Reader? Click Here to Get Adobe Reader Free
Announcement - 2020 MGMS Scholarship Winners
- VICTORIA MIERS; Graduating from Northwest High School, Victoria has been active in sports, National Honor Society, Student Government and more. She will attend Grand Valley State University to pursue an Environmental Engineering degree. Victoria hopes to have a career combining her love of physics and green technology.
- MARY NEWTON; Graduating from Western High School, Mary has been active in National Honor Society, Band, and her church. She plans to attend Spring Arbor University pursuing studies of Integrated Sciences and a Secondary Education Certification. She is looking forward to teaching High School Chemistry and other sciences.
- CARISSA SCHWARTZ; Graduating from Columbia High School, she has participated in National Honor Society, dual enrollment at Jackson College and working 20-25 hours per week. Carissa plans to attend the University of Nevada at Reno, and pursue a degree in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology. She is dedicated to helping others and would like to work on curing diseases.
- DREW THOMPSON; Graduating from Grass Lake High School, he has been active in many areas at school: National Honor Society, helping at sports events, Student Government, and blood drives. Drew plans to attend Grand Valley University and earn a degree in Electrical Engineering. He has been working part time with a manufacturing firm and hopes to obtain a career involving alternative energy.